August 8, 2010

LIFE

I've had some sweet experiences this past week. I had organized for the Young Women to go to a local assisted living home up here in Provo. We had prepared some hymns and such to sing door to door for the sweet residents. We visited a woman living there who had on her wall a huge banner. On it were the names of her entire posterity hand stitched in corrodinating colors depending on who of her children they belonged to. There must have been 50 names and she told us there were at least 40 she could think of that needed to be added onto it. She also had a huge frame divided into small sqaures. Each sqaure had a Picture and together the squares illustrated her and her husbands lives from when they were young till recent years. She is living by herself in the assisted living home, and I thought to myself what a treasure it must be for her to look at the banner of names and the pictures and remember the life she'd lived. I immediately was so grateful for my KC and the fact we get to be together and still have our whole lives ahead of us. I am glad I get to spend it with him. Also during the movie Letters to Juliet, as cheesy as it was, I couldnt help but thank Heavenly Father for allowing KC and I to have found and fallen in love with eachother. In regards to the storyline, Grandma is trying to find her long lost love from 50 yrs before and sophie and her grandson are helping her. It just made me realize how blessed KC and I are to be together NOW, I really could not have asked for a more perfect man for me. I have also realized that it is crucial to only focus on the good and happy things in life, not to allow the negative or sad moments to overtake and bruise a marriage.
One of my favorite movies is "UP." I love how devoted cute Mr. Fredrickson is to fulfill his wife's dream of living ontop of the waterfall. I cant wait for the days when KC and I can look back on our life and be proud and grateful we spent it together. Even more than that, I am excited to make those memories with KC and our future children.

No comments: