October 3, 2009

Kitchen Experience

Last Sunday dinner we had quite an experience. KC had decided to help me with dinner, which I was so grateful for. He offered to make the Lemon Bars to give away to our friends that night. As we were going over the directions, we established that it wasn't too difficult,there were two bags: the crust bag which you bake alone prior to adding the other bag, which you mixed with all of the ingredients. After KC had put the "crust" in the oven and started mixing the ingredients with the "filling" bag he realized he had switched the bags! It was hilarious, so he just ended up adding both the mixes together and stirring them to make some "original" recipe. We laughed about it hoping the would turn out alright. At that time, I had just finished making rolls and was making a raspberry salad dressing and KC offered to help with that. So we were adding together the ingredients:oil vinegar, raspberry jam. As we were pouring it in a shaker, KC was holding the cup as it slipped from our hands with the oily dressing spilling all over the ground! We just cracked up. After that instance KC came to the conclusion that he should stick to the dishes duty in the kitchen. Needless to say, I was really grateful that he helped b/c we made some great memories! OH and when I took out the rolls they were flat, the lemon bars were actually alright but we ended up not sharing them like we had planned for obvious reasons! Sad Sunday meal but quite memorable!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Love that :) When life gives you lemons, don't try to make lemon bars!!!

Lindy said...

KC - you're a good man! :) So funny! Love you guys and very excited I found your blog. Yea! It was fun seeing you on Christmas and I'm still marveling about your jello! Very fancy! :)